Well, it's official -- I am signed up for the 2009 Lavaman Triathlon with Team in Training! Nervous? A little. Scared? Of course!
This is the first week of triathlon training...and even though I ran a half-marathon yesterday in Monterey, I have to say that I am a little nervous about training -- especially swimming! I have accepted and can admit that I am NOT a swimmer...all the swimming lessons that my parents paid for when I was little were a complete waste -- to this day, I cannot swim. Yes, I have a pool, but that doesn't help. Oh, don't get me wrong, I can get from point A to point B in the water, but it's not pretty (and may require the use of a flutter board and water wings! LOL!) As for the biking portion of the event, I don't think that will be a problem -- that is, once I get a bike! And for the running -- with 2 full marathons and 3 half-marathons under my belt, should be a piece of cake (so I hope!) Hmmm...now that I think about it, maybe I should have signed up for the triathlon relay team and do just the running portion... Oh well, I guess that's what 20 weeks of training is for (and I will need all of it!) =)
Well -- I'm going to Tri...And so, let the journey begin...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Someday I think I need to do a tri, but I have the same issue with probably being a much poorer swimmer than you are, plus no bike right now. I will perhaps get inspiration from you making the transition from marathon to triathlete and learn for what you have done. So thanks for posting in your blog.
Post a Comment