Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Me + H2O = Disaster!

Swimming, as I have mentioned before, is the toughest part of my journey ...forget running a marathon, that's a walk in the park compared to swimming!

So today was my first attempt at swimming (the operative word here is attempt.) I got all the gear on, got in the pool, and even submerged my entire head and body in the water (those goggles are really helpful!) -- then I kicked my feet and moved my arms and attempted to swim -- if you were there, it would have been a sight to see (that is, after you pulled yourself off the floor and wiped your tears from laughing so hard!) So for about 30 minutes, I did what I thought was swimming and finally gave up after a 70-year old man got in the pool and swam about 20 laps, perfecting his kick-turn, and splashing me as I stood in awe at the shallow end of the pool...this is going to be a very long 20 weeks of training...sigh...or should I say GULP!

---------------------

Swimsuit, check. Swim cap, check. Goggles, check. Swim 25 meters, yeah, right!

No comments: