Friday, February 13, 2009

If at first you don't succeed....try, TRI again!!!

Yes, I have been MIA on my own blog -- tsk, tsk, tsk...shame on me!
I really do have a good excuse...if you want to read about it, here it goes...

If you haven't noticed -- I've switched triathlons. I am no longer participating in the Lavaman Tri in March. I had to take some time off after the holidays due to illness, which caused me to miss way too many trainings -- and I was in no way (and certainly in no shape) going to be able to even think about completing a triathlon in March -- and that's not even considering the swimming difficulties I was having (read: I couldn't swim)...

And so, at the end of January, I decided (with my doctor's OK) to join the Spring Team and sign up for the Honolulu Tri in May -- which was perfect = more time to practice/train = more time to learn to swim (that is, with the goal of swimming without the aid of a flotation device!) ;-)

So begins the NEW journey -- because as they say -- if at first you don't succeed...try, tri again! And I am certainly going to tri again...

2 comments:

o2bhiking said...

Good for you, Danette! I kept your blog in my follow list so it was good to hear that you are back to blogging and training. Good luck! Art

Jennifer said...

Hooray, Danette!!!! I missed you! Hope to see you again at DVC track night! Let me know when you're ready to go for a bike ride, swim or run!