So you know the saying " it will happen when pigs fly"?Well, pigs must be able to fly because believe it or not, I can swim! Yes, I can swim without the aid of flotation devices -- yeah, amazing I know...I have swimming skills! =) In fact, just this morning, I swam 250 yds freestyle -- huge improvement considering that a month ago, I couldn't even complete 25 yds (even with a flotation device)!
I have to admit, the private swimming lessons that I paid for probably had some part in developing this hidden talent (ha!), underdeveloped and highly underutilized skill that I now have -- actually truth be told, without those lessons, I would probably still be clinging on to the wall during the team swim practices. I think having a personal swim coach has given me the confidence to actually try to swim -- hey, you would try really hard to swim too if you were paying someone by the hour to teach you to swim...you learn really fast when there's money involved! But after all that is said and done, I am glad that I did invest in the swim lessons because it has given me some great "AHA! moments" in swimming...it's taught me how to push my so-called athleticism...and most important of all -- I can swim!
Do you see the pigs flying? Because I do! =)
2 comments:
Hooray! And you'll be swimming in Lake San Antonio in a few short weeks!
This is inspirational to me. I sink like a stone. I swim like a gorilla carrying a 200 pound bag of concrete under each arm. I do want to do a triathlon for TNT before I hang up the running shoes someday, but that means (1) buying a bike and (2) learning to swim. Keep inspriring me! :)
Post a Comment